Urosolvine sachets composition:
Eacb 5 g (sachet) contains:
Piperazine Curate 0.1408 g (Eq. To 0.128 g .Piperazine Hydrate)
Cokbidne Crystals 0.3 mg
Atropine Sulphate 0.128 mg
Urosolvine sachets pharmaceutical form:
Urosolvine sachets pharmacotberapeutic group:
Urosolvine sachets pharmacological action:
– An acute attack of gout apparently eecurs as. result of increasing uric acid concentration that results in deposition of monosodium urate in the joint tissue.
– Piperazine known (or many years to be an active drug in the treatment of gout and urinary lithiasis. It is claimed to increase the solubility of urates in the urine. It is relatively non-toxic.
– Colchicine gives rapid relief from pain in acute attacks of gout and the drug is specific for this condition to the extent that it can be used as a diagnostic agent in gout and gouty arthritis. Colchicine possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
Although it is highly effective in treating acute gouty arthritis, it is not effective for other types of pain. It is not an analgesic and does not affect uric acid clearance. Instead,colchicine binds to proteins in micrntubules of neutrephlls.
This binding,in turn, inhibits the migration of neutrophils into the area of Inflammation, thereby interfering with tbe inflammatory response to urate crystal deposition.Atropine sulphate is added to relieve the spasm oftbe urinary tract.
Urosolvine sachets pharmacokinetics:
– Urosohlne contains a typical uricosuric agent tbat promotes tbe urinary excretion of uric acid and thereby lower serum uric acid concentration
– Sodium citrate is an alkalinising agent since tbe titrate is converted into bicarbonate, alkaline urine is definitely more suitable (or the excretion ofurates in a more soluble form.
Urosolvine sachets indications:
Aeute and chronic gout
-Fer prophylaxis against urinary IItbiasls (urate stones).
Urosolvine sachets dosage and administration:
– To acute attack: one sachet dissolved in a half glass of water 6 times daily.
– To prevent acute attack: 2 sachets dissolved in a glass of water 2 times daily.
– As a prophylaxis: 2 sachets dissolved in a glass of water once daily.
Urosolvine sachets contra indications:
-Known hypersensitivity to any of the components of the drug.
-Aeute dchydration,anuria or hypcrkalcmill
Urosolvine sachets side effects:
OccasionaUy nausea, vomiting,abdominal pain and diarrhea may occur.
Urosolvine sachets drug interactions:
Urosolvine sachets pregnancy and lactation:
– Contraindicated in pregnant women.
– It Is unknown if drug appears in breast milk.
Urosolvine Sachets precautions and warnings:
– Used witb caution in patients with serious GIT, renal, hepatic, and cardiovascular disorders.
– It should not be used in children, geriatrics, debilitated patients and nursing women.
Package and storage:
– Carton box of 12 sachets 5 g.
– Store at temperature not exceeding 25·C in a dry place.
Instructions to patients:
– Reduce dosage if vomiting or diarrhoea occurs.
Manufactured by :
The NILE Co. for Pharmaceuticals and
Cbemical Industries – Cairo – A.R.E. R.c.c.