Thread: Acne Causes

Default Acne Causes

Acne Causes face-23-278x300.png

Acne appears when a pore in our skin clogs. This clog begins with dead skin cells. Normally, dead skin cells rise to surface of the pore, and the body sheds the cells. When the body starts to make lots of sebum (see-bum), oil that keeps our skin from drying out, the dead skin cells can stick together inside the pore. Instead of rising to the surface, the cells become trapped inside the pore.

Sometimes bacteria that live on our skin, p. acnes, also get inside the clogged pore. Inside the pore, the bacteria have a perfect environment for multiplying very quickly. With loads of bacteria inside, the pore becomes inflamed (red and swollen). If the inflammation goes deep into the skin, an acne cyst or nodule appears.

Acne & Bacteria
    A bacteria, known as Propionibacterium acnes, is a normal inhabitant of the skin. It uses sebum as a nutrient for growth, therefore increases in follicles during puberty. People with acne have more Propionibacterium acnes in their follicles than people without acne. The presence of bacteria attracts white blood cells to the follicle. These white blood cells produce an enzyme that damages the wall of the follicle, allowing the contents of the follicle to enter the dermis. This process causes an inflammatory response seen as papules (red bumps), pustules, and nodules. The bacteria also cause the formation of free fatty acids, which are irritants, increasing the inflammatory process in the follicle.

Normal Follicles
    Sebum produced by the sebaceous gland combines with cells being sloughed off within the hair follicle and "fills up" the hair follicle. When the follicle is "full", the sebum spreads over the skin surface giving the skin an oily appearance. When this process works correctly, the skin is moisturized and remains healthy.

Obstructed Follicles
    Problems arise when the sebum is trapped in the hair follicle. For reasons that are still unclear, some hair follicles become obstructed. The sebum is produced but gets trapped on the way out, and the cells that are normally sloughed off become "sticky", plugging up the follicle. The process of obstructing follicles is called comedogenesis. It causes some follicles to form a type of acne called comedones, also known as blackheads and whiteheads.

2. Similar Threads

1. Acne: Signs and symptoms
      By Medical Videos in forum Acne and Skin care
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 07-25-2012, 07:26 PM
    2. Acne Formation and Treatment video
      By Medical Videos in forum Dermatology Videos
      Last Post: 06-05-2009, 08:11 AM
    3. Adult Acne Clearing Gel By ZAPZYT
      By Medical Videos in forum Dermatology
      Last Post: 05-02-2008, 03:36 PM
    4. Treat Acne Scars
      By Medical Videos in forum Dermatology
      Last Post: 05-02-2008, 02:55 PM
    Country

Country

Occupation
    none

Hello Medical Videos Loenardo Dicaprio here from United States Of America. I Read this Post Publish by yours and very Impressed by it. I would also to Add somehting here after Read you Post, whcih i Mention under here :

Skin Whitening Pills India Dr. James Glutathione Product:- I also Used this Product for my Skin before some of One & A Half Year, when i have a Problem Dark & Oily Skin. When i Started to Use it, i was Be Careful about these Things, which Doctor Suggest me :

1. Eat only Fresh and full of Vitamins 'C' Fruits
    2. Eat only Green and full of Vitamins 'C' Vegetables
    3. Avoid the Smocking Totally in your Life
    4. Avoid the Alcohol Totally in your Life
    5. Use always Umbrella while Going Outside in the Sun

You can have Full Information about this Product of Dr. James by Visit their Website :

If this Product Impress you with its Specifications, then you can Order this Product by Contact as well as Whatsapp on this No.

(+91) - 99149 - 04949

Country

Country

Occupation
    Dermatologist

Mostly acne occurs at*the teenage stage*of life. The basic reason behind that is the change in DNA. 90% youngsters*face*acne at the age of fifteen. Another reason behind acne is a dry skin or oily skin. If you*are not cleaning*your face*regularly, then*it is*a high probability*to get acne.