Country

Country

Occupation
    MD

Default Urinary incontinence in men

Men tend to experience incontinence less often than women, and the structure of the male urinary tract accounts for this difference. But both women and men can become incontinent from neurologic injury, congenital defects, strokes, multiple sclerosis, and physical problems associated with aging. While urinary incontinence affects older men more often than younger men, the onset of incontinence can happen at any age. Incontinence is treatable with adult incontinence diapers and protection often curable at all ages.

Incontinence in men usually occurs because of problems with muscles that help to hold or release urine. The body stores urine water and wastes removed by the kidneys—in the urinary bladder, a balloon-like organ. The bladder connects to the urethra, the tube through which urine leaves the body. Male incontinence pads is expensive both to individuals in the form of bladder control products and to the health care system and nursing home industry

During urination, muscles in the wall of the bladder contract, forcing urine out of the bladder and into the urethra. At the same time, sphincter muscles surrounding the urethra relax, letting urine pass out of the body. Incontinence will occur if the bladder muscles suddenly contract or muscles surrounding the urethra suddenly relax.

If you suffer from urinary incontinence, it is important to speak with your doctor right away. There may be options available to help you treat or reverse this condition. Also, urinary incontinence could be an indication of a developing medical complication that may need to be treated. Your doctor can properly diagnose and treat your specific urinary incontinence situation.

For more information, visit: http://www.typefreediabetes.com/

Interests
    MegoApopleGO
    Biography
    (Man)
    Country

Country

Occupation
    Austria

Thanks for the suggestions Mums incontinence is happening during the day. At night she gets usually gets up a couple times. Ill do more research about the DDAVP and discuss it with the doctor today.

Again, many thanks I dont know what Id do without this forum. I dont post often, but I read alot of the posts, and I appreciate the wealth of information provided.

Peace,
    Suzee

Interests
    RaniaWeveTV
    Biography
    (Man)
    Country

Country

Occupation
    Indonesia

I have had increasing problems with frequent, urgent, profuse urination that started either while I was on paxil or soon after going off it, although the frequency problem not the profuse volumes of it started long before that, possibly from benzos which Ive been on still am for almost forty years now. I just read recently that this is a common problem with prolonged benzo use. No one ever told me that before

But it was worse early in my paxil w/d and I was having urinary incontence too. Now very full bladder still wakes me during the night, which is a bummer, and runs my life in terms of being out and about going from ladies room to ladies room. I know its not my body overreading it because the volume of urine has never been so much. Again, might be due to the benzos.

But the incontinence I actually had had to wear incontinent pads, and even they werent enough given the huge volume of urine stopped after a while, and I think it was because I had stopped eating wheat - though not for that reason.

I have a particular problem with allergies and sensitivities, but I found it interesting that although I still have to rush to get to the rest room in time with full bladder, when I recently started eating wheat products again and thought I was fine on them now didnt have the symptom that had originally made me stop eating wheat, twice I had urinary incontinence even though I only had to walk a few feet to the bathroom.

I stopped eating wheat products and have had no more urinary incontinence Im not saying its wheat specifically, but even if a med is making your bladder more sensitive, its a long chance, but at least for me, a sensitivity to a food group seemed to make it worse to where I could not control it.

Not likely to be relevant to most people, but thought Id mention it in case it helps anyone. Still wish I could find a solution to incredibly full bladder issues and I dont drink that much liquids, certainly not at night; and its a problem 24/7 and not just affecting sleep - cant even sit through a movie most of the time. But earlier in w/d I had a literally full bladder every 5-15 minutes - and such dry mouth I had to keep a glass of water by the bed because Id wake up coughing; thats long gone, thank goodness

Interests
    Aaliyahparimal77
    Biography
    (Man)
    Country

Country

Occupation
    Christmas Island

Default HelpHelp"]],["interjectionhelp"]]],"ruHelpПомогитеПомогитеHelphelp toHelp thehelp me

Need to talk about buying links, but did not find a feedback form , tell me the link address ?