TEARS NATURALE® Artificial Tears is a product of Alcon Laboratories – the world’s leading manufacturer of prescription products made especially forthe eye.
TEARS NATURALE is formulated for relief of various ocular irritation syndromes (dry eye). This unique solution containsDUASORB™, a water soluble polymeric system which combines with the existing tears of the eye to promote corneal wetting.
TEARS NATURALE provides extended retention time in the eye even though it is not a highly viscous (thick) solution. TEARS NATURALE also· reduces the discomfort normally associated with dry eye conditions. Statistical studies have shown it to be more comfortable than other tear substitutes.
Tears naturale eye drops DIRECTIONS FOR USE :
Instill one or two drops as frequently as required to relieve eye irritation symptoms or as directed by your
THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES OF Tears naturale eye drops HAVE BEEN DEMONSTRATED :
Synergistically utilizes existing tear components to provide a hydrophilic surface on the cornea through normal precorneal tearfilm – corneal surface adsorptive processes. – Enhances precorneal tearfilm stability and promotes corneal wetting through physiological blending with the precorneal tearfilm.
– Extends retention time without increased viscosity.
– Increases corneal wetting as judged by a greatly reduced contact angle on the clean surface (18°- 21 ° C) (Normal saline = 48°-52°).
– Increases precorneal tearfilm stability as evidenced by tearfilm breakup time studies.
– Statistically shown in double blind studies more comfortable than any other tear substitutes reported to possess prolonged retention time as well as mucomimetic activity.
– Mimics the action of conjunctival mucus.
Keep out of reach of children.
Discard one month after opening.
Tears naturale eye drops Produced by :
ALCON-COUVREUR Puurs (Belgium)
Tears naturale eye drops power point presentations :
1. Tear substitutes Moderator:Dr.Poornima Raj B Presenter:Dr.Prathibha S
2. History: • Eye baths(they called Collyrium) were used in England in the 16th century. • To use the eye cups (cobalt blue glass bottle), the patient applied it to the eye with the head bowed forward, threw the head back with the eye open, ensured lavage of the eye by blinking several times and then removed the cup with the head once more bowed forward.
3. • these artificial tears spread poorly across the ocular surface and their short retention time led to transient relief and very high frequency of instillations.
4. Autologous serum: • Our natural tears are made up of key components not found in artificial tear products, such as epidermal growth factor (EGF), fibronectin and vitamin A, which support the proliferation, maturation, migration and differentiation of corneal and conjunctival epithelia. • We also know that serum contains IgG, lysozymes and complement, which have bacteriostatic properties.
5. • Using an 18-gauge needle, approximately 40ml of blood is collected into six 8.5cc blood tubes.
6. • The collected blood is set aside to clot for two hours at room temperature. • Then the blood is centrifuged at 5,600 rpm for 10 minutes. • The serum is filtered through a 25mm polyethersulfone disc filter before mixing with saline. • Filtration is performed to remove fibrin strands, which are believed to lessen the effect of ASEDs. • Each 8.5cc tube of blood yields approximately 4cc of serum (24cc total).
Dry Eyes Presentation
Tears naturale eye drops