Each tablet contains
Diiodohydroxyquinoline 200 mg
Phthalyl sulfathiazole 200 mg
Streptomycin sulfate 100 mg
Homatropine methylbromide 2.5 mg
Each 5 ml of the suspension contains :
Diiodohydroxyquinoline 100 mg
Phthalyl sulfathiazote 150 mg
Streptomycin sulfate 85 mg
Homatropine methyl bromide 0.5 mg
It combines the effect of its 4 components :
Diiodohydroxyquinoline is an antimicrobial agent. which acts principally in the bowel lumen for the treatment of diarrhea and intestinal amebiasis, particularty for cyst passers.Streptomycin sulfate is poorly absorbed from the gastro-intestinal tract and may be of value in the treatment of diarrhea caused by E. coli, Proteus vulgaris and other susceptible organisms. Homatropine methyl bromide is a quaternary ammonium anti muscarinic agent with antispasmodic action on intestinal smooth muscles.
1- Chronic Intestinal amebiasis
2- Bacillary dysentery
3- Diarrhea caused by other intestinal infections and associated with intestinal colic.
It is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to sutfonamides.
Streptoquin side effects :
Gastro-intestinal symptoms, headache and allergic skin reactions rnay occur rarely.
Streptoquin reconstitution of the suspension:
Add distilled, or ( previously boiled then cooled) water, to the bottle mark, in two portions. Shake the bottle after each addition.
Important remark :
Streptoquin suspension is stable and can be used for 14 days afterreconstitution when kept in a refrigerator, or for 7 days, when kept at room temperature.
Tablets: 1-2 tablets three times daily or as directed by the physician.
– Children from 1-2 years One teaspoonful 3 times daily. 2-5 years one teaspoonful 4 times daily
5-12 years tow teaspoonful 4 times daily
Or as directed by the physician.
– The product should be avoided if the patient is hypersensitive to iodine or with impaired liver function .
– Its use is best avoided in patients with neurological disorders.
– It should be used cautiously for thyroid patients. Patients requiring thyroid function tests, should inform their physician that they are taking this medicine.
– The product should not be used for more than 10 consecutive days.
– Children may be more likely to develop certain side effects especially if given at high doses for long time.
– If the patient suffers from blurred vision or any visual disturbance, he should tell the doctor who may advise him not to drive a machine that requires sharp vision.
Tablets: Store below 30 C., Protect from moisture and light.
Suspension: Store in a dry place, at a temperature not exceechng 30°C., Keep out of reach of children.
– Box contains 1 strip of 10 tablets.
– Box contains 2 strips of 10 tablets.
– Bottle of dry powder, forms 60 rnl of the suspension after reconstitution.
Product of :
Medical union pharmaceuticals.
abu sultan ismailia . egypt.