Thread: How to think like a professional ophthalmologist not like a machine

Biography
    (Consultant Ophthalmologist at MALAZ MEDICAL GROUP)
    Country

Country

Default How to think like a professional ophthalmologist not like a machine

How to think like a professional ophthalmologist not like a machine 

✍️ When ur going for treatment ( medical or surgical) Ur target treatment should be consistent with pathophysiology of the underlying disease

✍️ Try to think logically with ur treatment , ur treatment is against pathophysioloy so treatment failures are extremely expected

✍️ some friend doctors advocate PGs and laser for pediatric glaucoma and denying the beta blockers as 1st line treatment...!!!!???
    think like professional ophthalmologist like attachment.php?attachmentid=3465&d=1513495786

✍️ let’s take it simply

• in pediatric glaucoma the problem is aqueous drainage problem due to angle anomaly or underdeveloped trabecular and uveoscleral pathways ( immature or even deformed) in which it’s impossible to overcome unless by surgery or shunt
    • the only available possibility of temporary medical treatment is dependent upon reduction of aqueous production through aqueous suppressor ( beta blockers and CAIs ) with the lowest effective doses and frequency with meticulous monitoring of drug side effects... ( this is the logically acceptable way of thinking and management of debatable diseases)

✍️ The main problem underlying the pathogenesis of pediatric glaucoma is abnormally developed angle and trabecular and uveoscleral pathways ... so what do u expect if u use drugs working basically on non-working mechanisms

✍️ the same like changing oil for ur dead engine car ) why u expect the car to work , Sure it’s not logic.

✍️ my medical posts concerning my own stepwise medical approaches for managing a disease and respecting major recent guidelines papered in international textbooks and journals on the basis of respecting the basic science and pathophysiology of any disease of concern

✍️ my main concern in my post is to provide u my own protocol ( evidence based) rather than convincing or even humiliate ur opinion or protocol

To all my dears 

Attached Images  
    Last edited by Reda Gomah El Garia; 12-17-2017 at 07:31 AM.

2. Similar Threads

1. Silent and Early neurological lesions that may present first to the ophthalmologist
      By Medical Videos in forum Ophthalmology Atlas(Photos of cases)
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 09-05-2017, 11:21 AM
    2. Hypertension: New Insights for the Healthcare Professional Free Book PDF
      By Medical Videos in forum Hypertension Books
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 08-30-2013, 03:25 AM