Orchazid eye drops

Active ingredient: Ketotifen fumarate O.345mg corresponding to 0.25 mg ofketotifen.
Excipients: Glycerol 21.25rng • sodium hydroxide I N q.s., water for injections to l ml.
Preservative: Benzalkonium chloride 0.1 mg

Properties and actions:

Ketotifen is a histamine HI – receptor antagonist. Ketotifcn also inhibits the release of mediators (e.g.histamine,leukotrienes, prostaglandins, PAF) from cells involved in type I, or immediate allergic reactions (mast cells, eosinophils, basophile and neutrophils).Ketotifen also reduces the chemotaxis, activatica and degranulation of eosinophils .cAMP levels increased by phosphodiesterase inhibition can contribute to the cell-stabilising action of kerotifen.
The antihistaminic effect ofORCHAZID eye drops has a rapid onset following instillation into the eye and persists for 8-12 hours.
ORCHAZID eye drops alleviate the symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis, such as pruritus and hyperaemia.

Indications:

Treatment of signs and symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis

Dose and Method of administration :

Adults, elderly and children (age 12 and older): instill I drop twice a day into the conjunctival sac of each eye. For children below 12 years the efficacy has not been tested but the drug has been shown to be safe in children As young as 3 years of age.The maximum treatment duration is 6 weeks.

Contraindications :

Hypersensitivity to ketotifeo or to any of the excipients .