Thread: Spice Slashes Blood Sugar Levels

Default Spice Slashes Blood Sugar Levels

While Ginseng has been a busy little herb these last few thousand years, cinnamon has recently been found to pack a powerful medicinal punch. A tasty addition to hot chocolate and apple pie, nutritionists agree this popular spice offers surprising benefits for those suffering from diabetes.

"Good medicine doesn't always take the form of a pill. Sometimes the answer, or part of the answer, can be found in your kitchen cabinet," says Dr. Richard Goldfarb, the medical director for the Bucks County Clinical Research Center. Dr. Goldfarb is working with eFoodSafety.com, a biotech company based in Arizona that develops nutraceuticals and whole food products. The company's Cinnergen®, a concentrated liquid extract of cinnamon and other natural synergistic ingredients, is used for promoting healthy blood sugar levels in diabetics and prediabetics.

The strongest evidence yet in favor of cinnamon being used as an all-natural diabetes supplement comes from a recent study conducted in Pakistan. Participants took between one and six grams of cinnamon each day for forty days, while others took equivalent amounts of a placebo. Those taking cinnamon saw significant improvements in their blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglyceride levels, even after discontinuing treatment.

The survey, which asked participants to describe what they had eaten in the last twenty-four hours, found more than 40% had not eaten a single piece of fruit, 20% had not eaten one vegetable, 55% had eaten red meat, and more than 44% had eaten at least one serving of luncheon meat or bacon that day. Results such as these suggest that while the message of good nutrition is omnipresent, people aren't practicing what they preach.

"When we strip away all the research, studies, clinical experiences, and case histories, we are left with one fundamental, inescapable fact: we are what we eat," says Dr. Goldfarb. A recent survey conducted by the National Cancer Institute, however, revealed that a majority of Americans continues to practice poor eating habits, despite evidence that a more healthy diet can reverse the course of many life-threatening illnesses.

"It is our hope that better eating habits and simple, everyday herbs like cinnamon can become allies in people's journey toward disease-free living through proper nutrition," says Dr. Goldfarb. So, while a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, a spoonful of cinnamon offers much, much more.

http://www.cinnergen.com

2. Similar Threads

1. Leg Pain Can Mean Heart Danger, Expert Says
      By Medical Videos in forum Anesthesiology
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 02-25-2011, 06:35 PM
    2. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 02-19-2008, 07:58 PM
    3. Blood Comparable To Matched Bone Marrow
      By Medical Videos in forum Cardiology,vascular and blood diseases
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 07-03-2007, 01:45 PM
    4. Umbilical Cord As Spare Parts Warehouse? Controversies On Private Blood Banking
      By Medical Videos in forum Cardiology,vascular and blood diseases
      Last Post: 07-03-2007, 01:43 PM
    5. Discovery of Protein That Causes Blood Vessel Leakage And Swelling In Eyes
      By Medical Videos in forum Ophthalmology: Eye Physicians & Surgeons
      Last Post: 03-30-2007, 01:23 PM
    Country

Country

Occupation
    Free lance IT Support

Hi Admin

Sorry for requesting on very old post
    as I am new here if you can guide or suggest how this CINEMON should be taken
    I mean in the form of powder or should be used in cooking
    if U can plz describe in some more detail as I am DIAB TYPE I

Thx n Rgds

Ale2d

Country

Country

Occupation
    Health

Great share.

Country

Country

Occupation
    Doctor

Hi, i am new here, i appreciate your article, this is very unique and informative read for me, thanks for sharing and keep doing such work...