Dental Cases Requiring Veneers

No matter what caused the teeth to be visually unpleasant, a solution can be realized through the use of dental veneers. Virtually all cosmetic dental cases can be resolved with veneers. Such dental issues include;

* Wear and tear: it is a natural occurrence for teeth to wear as aging sets in; consequently, cracks and chips are likely to occur. Also, aged teeth are prone to uneven appearance.
* Worn-out enamel: with the passage of time, the enamel may become weak, dull as well as discolored. Worn and discolored teeth may be a natural occurrence or a genetic factor. However, in most cases, enamel gets worn due to certain habits such as tobacco smoking, constant consumption of coffee, soft drink and tea.
* Case of genetics: some dental issues are genetic. For instance, some individuals may have odd spacing between the teeth from birth, and as age begins to set in, the space seems to widen more.
* Uneven teeth: this is one of the dental cases where veneers can be applied. Uneven teeth could be a consequence of tooth grinding or general case of wear and tear.

Veneers are an excellent way to redesign and reshape your entire mouth. Veneers are a very thin ceramic shell that covers your existing tooth structure. In placing these new veneers on your teeth, you are able to fix the look of issues such as staining, cracked teeth, spaces, misaligned teeth, chipped teeth and many other issues!

Veneers are the most popular method of improving the look of your smile. Porcelain veneers are translucent, thin laminates specifically made to improve the esthetics of natural teeth, to correct crowding, or to replace composite bonding. Porcelain veneers cover the facial and incisal surfaces and are bonded directly to the teeth. They are an ideal choice for improving your smile and have become increasingly popular due to their simplicity, versatility, and minimal tooth reduction. With veneers, the shade and/or shape of teeth can be adjusted to create a beautiful, healthy smile.

Hi I’m Dr. Pierce Goodman and I want to talk about veneers. Veneers are counted more or less as the cure all end all for crooked or broken or stained teeth and in a great part that is true – they do help. I myself have veneers on my 6 anterior teeth and they turned out quite good – I like them. I had a problem with clenching and grinding my teeth and had worn my teeth off at an angle and they were substantially shorter. I had veneers done and in my case I didn’t have to have any drilling done – I was one of the lucky ones. It can be done without drilling but it depends on how big your lips are and how prominent your teeth are if we can do that without drilling. Most however unfortunately need a little drilling. They are a wonderful solution for minor straightening of the teeth, whitening them, getting rid of discoloration from multiple fillings that have stained. They are the most fun thing that we do because the results are so good looking – ascetically pleasing. We can recommend veneers to a lot of our patients. Thank you.