Thread: Dental Veneers information!

Country

Country

Occupation
    Dentist

Default Dental Veneers information!

Dental veneers are thin layers of remedial material applied over a tooth surface, either for tooth aesthetics enhancement, or for the protection of a damaged tooth surface. When placed over the tooth surface, veneers serve as a shield to worn tooth enamel, chips or cracks, and uneven tooth alignment/spacing. The more lasting solution recommended by dentists Chicago is dental veneers.

Types

Veneers are fabricated with two major materials (and these are the types of dental veneers) – porcelain and composite. The composite veneer could be applied directly. Alternatively, a dental technician or dentist teeth whitening may fabricate it indirectly in a dental lab and subsequently bond it to the tooth with the aid of resin cement (e.g. Panavia). On the contrary, the fabrication of a porcelain veneer may be done only indirectly. In comparison with composite veneers, porcelain veneers are perceived to be more durable. It is also said that porcelain veneers are not likely to stain relative to its counterpart composite veneers.

Brief History

The brain behind the invention of veneers is Charles Pincus – a California dentist. Within this period, these veneers were not firm enough and removed easily as denture adhesive was used in holding them on. However, they temporarily served the purpose of modifying the looks of actors’ teeth.

For more information, visit: Dentalchicago.org/

2. Similar Threads

1. Dental care with porcelain dental veneers videos
      By Medical Videos in forum Dentistry Videos
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 06-05-2009, 08:16 AM
    2. 2008 Official Guide To Dental Schools
      By Medical Videos in forum Dentistry
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 04-17-2008, 11:34 AM
    3. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 04-14-2008, 09:57 AM
    4. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 04-14-2008, 09:56 AM
    5. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 07-21-2007, 09:46 PM
    Interests
    UNALLIANO
    Biography
    (Man)
    Country

Country

Occupation
    Poland

Default Dental Veneers information

ok so im thinking of getting a little dental done there while im there for my BA ,but i dont know if you have to have the dental done before or after your BA ,im thinking before since your not allowed to go to the dentist for a while after your BA,and also how soon before your BA do you go,i only want to stay the minimum time there so could i get some dentalfillings and whitening done the day before my BA??? id really apreciate any help...

Interests
    snophyspeah
    Biography
    (Man)
    Country

Country

Occupation
    Ireland

Default Dental Veneers information

Looking for information on an Expensive Dental insurance, it is to help an
    older lady. Ok to e-mail me that includes agents.