Thread: Low Blood Sugar: Hypoglycemia

Hybrid View

Country

Country

Occupation
    MD

Post Low Blood Sugar: Hypoglycemia

Low blood sugar Hypoglycemia is a serious condition in which a person has a dangerously low amount of glucose in their bloodstream. Remember glucose is the fuel of the brain cells and the body's cells. The real danger is the brain is running out of fuel. It will shut down if quick action is not taken. Many diabetics are well aware of the risks of having too much glucose in their blood stream (hyperglycemia), but some are unaware that having too little glucose is also dangerous.

With too little glucose available, your body does not have enough energy to function properly. Warning signs of hypoglycemia are shakiness, sweating, hunger, confusion, light headedness, sleepiness, weakness, fainting, convulsions, coma, and death. Recently researchers have claimed that just one episode of hypoglycemia leading to loss of consciousness increases the risk of developing alzheimer's dementia by 56% - A serious life-long effect.

Some of the signs of low blood sugar are similar to signs of high blood sugar and some non-diabetes causes. When you feel strange use your blood sugar meters & blood glucose monitors to test your blood.

For more information, visit: http://www.typefreediabetes.com/Diab...pes-s/5733.htm

2. Similar Threads

1. Diabetes Test Strips and Blood Sugar Meters
      By freediabeties in forum alternative medicine
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 07-28-2015, 12:37 PM
    2. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 08-26-2010, 12:04 PM
    3. Complication of blood transfusion
      By Medical Videos in forum Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 11-13-2009, 02:01 PM
    4. Blood Comparable To Matched Bone Marrow
      By Medical Videos in forum Cardiology,vascular and blood diseases
      Last Post: 07-03-2007, 01:45 PM
    5. Umbilical Cord As Spare Parts Warehouse? Controversies On Private Blood Banking
      By Medical Videos in forum Cardiology,vascular and blood diseases
      Last Post: 07-03-2007, 01:43 PM
    Interests
    Biography
    (Man)
    Country

Country

Occupation

Default Low Blood Sugar Hypoglycemia

rnrni dont have much sugar in my diet at all and Im trying to eat healthy. chocolate or grapes occasionally give me headache, but something like grapefruit or oranges never do... i think its because the later have some acidity . I am not fascinated with blood pressure, but I have a very low blood pressure in general.rn