Primomycin Capsules and Suspension COMPOSITION:
CAPSULES Each capsule contains:
Erythromycin (as ethyl succinate) 400 mg
Trimethoprim 100 mg
SUSPENSION Each teaspoonful (5ml) contains :
Erythromycin(as ethyl succinate ) 200mg
Primomycin Capsules and Suspension PROPERTIES and ACTIONS:
The rational combination of (Erythromycin + Trimetboprim) makes PRIMOMYCIN one of tbe most potent agents, which assures a broader potency against a wide range of both gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms, beside a synergistic effect against H. influenza and Chlamydia infection, togetber witb prevention of tbe emergence of resistance. Erythromycin being a macrolide antibiotic has its antimicrobial effect on the susceptible microorganisms due to its binding to their ribosomal subunits thereby suppressing protein synthesis. Trimetboprim, in the meantime, has its antibacterial action through blocking tbe formation of nucleic acids and proteins of the microorganisms. Its antibacterial spectrum is similar to that of sulfonamides, however trirnethoprim is 20:25 times more potent than the sulfonamide.
Primomycin Capsules and Suspension INDICATIONS: PRIMOMYCIN :
is an effective agent for the treatment of:
– Respiratory tract infections as :Bronchitis, Bronchopneumonia, Pneumonia, and Interstitial alveolitis.
– Ear, Nose and Throat infections as : Pharyngitis, Tonsillitis, Otitis media, Mastoiditis, and Otitis externa.
– Urinary tract infections as : Urethritis, Nephritis, Pyelitis, Pyelonephritis, and Ureteritis.
– Venereal and Gynecological infections as : Syphilis, Prostatitis, Salpingitis, Parametritis, and Cervicitis.
– Rectal and Colonic infetions.
– PRIMOMYCIN is also used to eliminate carrier states of Corynebacterium diphtheriae.
Primomycin Capsules and Suspension SIDE EFFECTS:
Nausea, Vomiting or hypersensitivity reactionsmay occur occasionally in few patients.
Primomycin Capsules and Suspension DRUG INTERACTONS :
PRIMOMYClN : potentiates be effect of carbonazepin, corticostcloids, digoxin, warfarin and theophylline . Cercurent use of tlie followingarugs is not recommended because competitive inhibitions with erythromycin may occur: Lincomycin, clindamycin, chloramphenicol.
PRIMOMYCIN may intericte with the bactericidal effect of penicillin and increase the side effects of other folic acid antagonizers.
Primomycin Capsules and Suspension WARNINGS and PRECAUnONS:
caution should be taken in :
– Patients with pre-existing liver disease or jaundice.
– Hypersensitivity to either Erythromycin or trimethoprim.
– Patients with glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency.
– During the first three months of pregnancy or during lactation.
Primomycin Capsules and Suspension DOSAGE:
According to the severity of infection.
Adults and Children over 12 years: 1-2 capsules every 8 hours for 5-10 days.
Children below 12 years : 30-50 mg/kg body weight is recommended as daily dose.
Children up to 5 kg body weight Y, teaspoonful twice daily
Children from 5-10 kg body weight one teaspoonful twice daily
Children from 15-25 kg body weight 2 teaspoonful twice daily
Primomycin Capsules and Suspension STORAGE:
Keep the capsules or Powder at room.temperature- (25°C) protected from light-end humidity
Primomycin Capsules and Suspension PRESENTATIONS:
PRlMOMYCIN Capsules: Box of 12 Capsules.
PRlMOMYCIN Powder for 60 ml oral suspension .. To be reconstituted immediatley before use.
Primomycin Capsules and Suspension METHOD OF RECONSTITUTION:
Shake the bottle to loosen the powder. Add some pure water.
Shake well. Then complete to 60 level.
Keep the reconstiMed suspension refrigeraled. Not 10 ha used after 14 days from reconstitution
Keep all medicaments out of reach of children
Manufactured by :
Tenth of Ramadan
For Phannaceutical Industries & Diagnostic Reagents (rameda)
6 th of October City A.R.E