Picolax drops COMPOSITION:
Each 100 ml contains:
Sodium picosulfate 750 mg
Picolax drops PROPERTIES:
PICOLAX Is effective physiological laxative, with reductive action on the intestine it is considered to be the only convenient physiological laxative that favour deteceucn without strain and for this reason it is useful in the treatment of constipation in aged people and cardiovascular patients. As PICOLAX has no effect on the uterine movement, it Is safe In the treatment of pregnant constipation and as it is not absorbed. it facilitates radiological exploration.
Picolax drops INDICATIONS:
– In all froms constipation to ease intestinal evacuation
– In the patients suffering from haemorrhoids or anal fissures.
– In surgical patients preparing for abdominal radiological examinations.
– In the treatment of the constipation of the aged people and pregnant women.
Picolax drops DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
10 – 15 drops daily ,this dosage can be increased or decreased according to the individual requirements.
Picolax drops PRECAUTIONS:
It should not be given to patients with symptoms of appendicitis, intestinal obstruction or abdominal pain of unknow cause.
Picolax drops PACKING:
Dropper bottle of 15 ml
Picolax drops This Is 8 Medicament :
-Medicament is a product which affects your health, and its consumption contrary to instructions Iisdangerous for you.
-Follow strictly the doctor’s prescription, the method of use, and the instructions of the pharmacist who sokt the medicament.
-The doctor and the pharmacist are experts in medicines and in its benefits and risks.
-Do not by yourself Interrupt the period of treatment prsecribed.
-Do not repeat the same prescription without consulting your doctor.
-keep medicines out of the reach of children.
Picolax drops Manufactured BY :
EGYPTIAN INT. PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES CO.
TENTH OF RAMADAN CITY A. R. E
Constipation power point presentation :
2. What is Constipation?• Passage of hard, dry bowel movements,usually fewer than three times a week• Symptoms:– painful bowel movements– bloated– uncomfortable– sluggish
3. • As a rule, if more than three dayspass without a bowel movement,the intestinal contents may harden,and a person may have difficulty oreven pain during elimination.Straining during bowel movementsor the feeling ofincomplete evacuation may also bereported as constipation
4. What are Some Common MisconceptionsAbout Constipation?• that a bowel movement every day isnecessary.• that wastes stored in the body areabsorbed and are dangerous to healthor shorten the life span.These misconceptions have led to amarked overuse and abuse of laxatives.
5. Is Constipation Serious?• it may signal and be the only noticeablesymptom of a serious underlyingdisorder such as cancer.Complications• Hemorrhoids• Fissures
6. Constipationis a symptomnot a disease.
7. What Causes Constipation?• Eating too little fiber• Not drinking enoughliquids• Lack ofexercise/physicalactivity
8. What Causes Constipation?• Change in routine–travel• Older age–Slower metabolism• Frequent use oflaxatives• Certain diseases orconditions
9. What Causes Constipation?–pain (narcotics)–antacidscontainingaluminum–antidepressants–iron supplements–diuretics (“water”pills)• Medications
10. Other causes• Imaginary constipation• Irritable bowel syndrome• Poor bowel habits• Hormonal disturbances• Pregnancy• Fissures and hemorrhoids• Mechanical compression
11. What Can You Do?• Eat more fiber–More beans, wholegrains and brancereals, fresh fruits,vegetables–Limit foods with nofiber (cheese, meat,sweets, processedfoods)
12. What Can You Do?• Drink more water andother liquids–Be sure to drink at least 8to 10 glasses of watereveryday–Liquid helps keep thestool soft
13. What Can You Do?Become morephysicallyactive
14. What Can You Do?• Allow yourself enough time tohave a bowel movement–If you get in a hurry andignore the urge to have abowel movement, it cancause constipation
15. What Can You Do?• Fiber supplements are best choice–Absorb water and make stoolsofter–Safe to use everyday
16. What Can You Do?• Give laxatives only if reallynecessary• Laxatives can cause:• Poor absorption of vitamins andminerals• Loss of water, sodium andpotassium• Damage to your intestines