Neo Minophylline syrup composition:
Each 5 ml contains:
Theophylline anhydrous 50 mg
Guaiphenesin 30 mg
Neo Minophylline syrup properties:
Theophylline is a bronchodilator by relaxing bronchial smooth muscle, oppose the effects of many broncho-constrictor mediators and also relaxes smooth musde in the urinary & biliary ways, central stimulant, analeptic, respiratory and Psychostimulant .
-Guaiphenesin: helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive. Good absorption after administration, Hepatic metabolism (90 % of the administered dose).The metabolism of the Theophylline in infant is more rapid than in adult and there is an important variation inthe metabolism of the drug from one patient to the other. Plasma half life in infant: 1.9 – 8 hours. , in adult:3 – 6 hours and in geriatrics: the plasma half life is comparable to that of adult. The drug passes to the foetus placenta .
Neo Minophylline syrup indications & usage:
Neo Minophytline syrup is indicated for the sympathomimetic treatment of bronchospasms associated with such conditions as bronchial asthma, chronic bronchitis and pulmonary emphysema. Guaiphenesin helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive.
Neo Minophylline syrup contraindications :
Hypersensitivity to Theophylline.
Neo Minophylline syrup side effects :
Variable from one subject to the other, essentially: nausea, vomiting , epigastnc pain, cephalalgia, excitation, insomnia, tachycardia. The see effects may be the first sign of overdosage .The appearance of the convulsion is the sign of confirmed poisoning , but can be the first sign of it , notably at the child.
Neo Minophylline syrup drug interactions:
– Don’t use the association of troleanoomycine which can provoke a risk of overdosage.
– It is agreed to be used prudently with erythromycin that can Increase the blood concentration of theTheophylline.
– This risk remained to value in the case of the other macrolides.
Neo Minophylline syrup warnings & precautions:
– Active peptic ulcer disease .
– Seizure disorders.
– Cardiac antlythmias ( not Including bradyarrnytbrmas)
– Patients with migraine headaches may experience an Increased frequency of headaches.
– Patients with congestive heart failure, cor-pulmonale , prolonged fever, hypothyroidism, liver disease, sepsrs with multiorgan failure and shock may require reduced Theophylline dosage.
– Concomitant medication use which results in reduced Theophylline clearance.
– Hypoproteinemia toxic effects may occur at therapeutic total serum Theophylline concentrations in patients with hypoalbuminemia because free ( unbound). Theophylline concentrations are elevated. Pregnancy and lactation: in case of administration of the drug in the end of pregnancy, possibility of tachycardia and of hyperexcitability in the neonates.
Neo Minophylline syrup dosage & adminisration:
As directed by the physician or as follows :
Infants 6·12 months: 1/2 teaspoonful 3 times daily after meals.
Children from 2 • 6 years: 1 teaspoonful 3 times daity after meals.Children to 9 years: one and half teaspoonful 3 – 4 times daily after meals
Children to 16 years: one and half to two teaspoonful 3 • 4 times daily after meals
Over 16 years: 2 . 3 teaspoonful 3 . 4 times daily after meals.
Pack contains bottte of 120 ml syrup.
Store in airtight container away from light.
Store in a temperature not exceeding 25 ·C
– Medicament is a product which affects your health, and its consumption contrary to instructions is dangerous for you.
– The doctor and the pharmacist are experts in medecine It’s benefits and risks.
– Do not by yourself interrupt the period of treatment prescribed for you.
– Do not repeat the same prescripbon Without consuIting your doctor.
– Keep medicine out of reach of children
Produced by :
alexandria co. for pharmaceuticals – alexandria – A.R.E.