Loratadine tablets and suspension composition:
Each tablet contains 10 mg Loratadine.
Each spoon (5 ml) contains 5 mg Loratadine.
Loratadine tablets and suspension properties:
– It is a potent long acting tricyclic antihistamine with selective peripheral H1 receptor antagonistic activity.
Loratadine tablets and suspension indications and usage:
-It is indicated for the symptomatic relief of hypersensitivity reactions including allergic rhinitis such as sneezing, nasal discharge (rhinorrhea) and itching as well as ocular itching and burning. Nasal and ocular signs and symptoms are relieved rapidly after oral administration.
-It is also indicated for relief of symptoms and signs of chronic urticaria and other allergic dermatological disorders.
Loratadine tablets and suspension contra-indications:
– It is contra – indicated in patients who have shown sensitivity
or idiosyncrasy to their components.
Loratadine tablets and suspension side effects:
– During controlled clinical studies, the incidence of adverse effects associated with 10 mg Loratadine treatment was comparable to that associated with placebo. In these trials, It showed no clinically significant sedative or anticholinergic properties since fatigue, sedation, headache and dry mouth were rarely reported events and frequency of these effects for both Loratadine and placebo was not statistically different. Nausea was also rarely reported.
Loratadine tablets and suspension drug interactions:
– When administered concomitantly with alcohol, it has no potentiating effects as measured by psychomotor perfomnance studies.
– Drug laboratory test interactions:
– Antihistamines should be discontinue about four days prior to skin testing procedures since these drugs may prevent or diminish otherwise positive reactions to dermal reactivity indicators.
Loratadine tablets and suspension warnings and precautions:
– Safety and efficacy of it in children younger than 6 years of age have not yet been eslablished. The safe use of it during pregnancy has not been established and therefore, the compound should be used only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to fetus. Since it is excreted in breast milk, caution should be exercised when Loratadine is administered to a nursing woman.
Loratadine tablets and suspension dosage and administration:
– Adults and children 12 years of age and over: 10 mg . once daily
– children: from 6 -12 years: 2 spoon (10ml.) once daily
– shake bottle well before use.
– Boxes of 10 tablets
– Bottles of 60 ml. & 100 rnt.
Produced by :
MISR CO. FOR PHARM .IND S.A.E