Kokast Tablets Composition:
Each tablet contains
Montelukast 4 mg
Kokast Tablets Indications:
It is indicated for:
– the prophylaxis and chronic treatment of asthma in children 12 month of age and older
– relief of symptoms of allergic rhinitis in children 2 years of age and older
Kokast Tablets Posology & Method of administration:
‘”the recommended daily dose is 1 tablet/day
– For patients with asthma, dose should be taken in the evening.
– For patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis. dose may be taken at any time of the day . which suits the patient
– For patients with both asthma & seasonal allergic rhinitis. dose should be taken in the evening
Kokast Tablets Contraindication:
Hypersensitivity to any of the product components .
Kokast Tablets Warning & precautions:
Safety and efficacy of kokast have been established in adequate and well controlled studies in pediatric Patients with asthma (6-14 years of age) safety and efficacy profiles in this age group are similar to those seen in adults :
– It can be obtained besides the adequate medication for acute exacebation of asthma.
– It should not be taken concomitantly With aspirin or NSAIDs,
– patients should be Instructed not to decrease the dose or stop taking any other anti-asthma medications unless instructed
– It contains phenylalanine (acomponent of aspartame ) so patients with phenylketonurea should be informed
– It should not be abruptly substituted for inhaled or oral corticosteroids
– It should not be used as monotherapy for the treatment and management of exercise induced bronchospasm
physician should be alert to eosinophitia vacuities rash worsening pulmonary symptoms cardiac complications and/or neuropathy presenting in their patients with asthma of therapy with it.
Kokast Tablets Drug Interactions:
In general, kokast with recommended clinical dose did not have clinical important effects of a Wide range of other druge especially those used concomitantly in the prophylaxis and treatment of asthma. Phenobarbital or refampin (potent cytochrome p450 enzyme inducers)which induces hepatic metabolism. decreases the AUC of montelukast approx. 40% following a single 10 mg dose of montelukast
Pregnancy and Pediatrics :
– Pregnancy: it should be used during pregnancy if clearty needed
– Pediatric use: the safety and effectiveness in pediatric below the age of 12 month have not been established.
• Box of 7 chewable tablets in a blister.
Store below 30 C to protect from light
Keep in dry place. Keep out of the teach of children
Produced by :
Obour City· Egypt