Haemoproct Composition :
Cream: Each 1 g contains:
Active Ingredients : Tribenoside 5% w/w
Lidocaine HCl 2% w/w
Excipients: Cetyl alcohol, Stearic acid, Liquid paraffin, Isopropyl palmitate, Cetomacrogol 1000, Sorbitan monostearate, Methyl and propyl para bens, Sorbitol 70% and Purified water
Ointment: Each 1 g contains:
Active Ingredients: Tribenoside 5% w/w Lidocaine 2% w/w
Excipients: White soft paraffin, Liquid paraffin and Micro-crystalline wax. Suppositories :Each suppository contains:
Active Ingredients : Tribenoside 400 mg
Lidocaine 40 mg
Excipients: Glycerol esters of saturated fatty acids and caprylic/capric triglyceride.
It provides prompt relief of pain, itching, discomfort and other unpleasant symptoms due to haemorrhoids. Tribenoside has local anti-inflammatory properties and is also known to reduce capillary permeability and improve vascular tone, whereas lidocaine as a localanesthetic assures rapid symptomatic relief.
Effective in treating both external and internal haemorrhoids.
Haemoproct Dosage and Application:
A thin film of the cream or ointment or one suppository should be applied morning and evening until there is disappearance of the acute symptoms; thereafter, the dosage can be reduced to one application per day.
If you miss a dose:
– Apply as soon as possible.
– If it is almost time for your next regular dose, skip the missed dose and carry on with your dosing regimen.
– Do not take two doses at the same time.
Patients with hypersensitivity to the preparation should not use it.
As with other forms of drug therapy, it should be given cautiously during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester. Caution is also recommended during breast feeding.
Haemoproct Side Effects:
Haemoproct is generally well-tolerated. Some minor side effects have been occasionally reported such as burning sensation, and increased intestinal motility.
Cream :Tubes of 30 g.
Ointment :Tubes of 30 g.
Suppositories :Packs of 10 suppositories.
* Store below 30°C, protect from heat.
THIS IS A MEDICAMENT :
-Medicament is a product which affects your health, and its consumption contrary to instructions is dangerous for you.
– Follow strictly the doctor’s prescription, the method of use and the instructions of the pharmacist who sold the medicament.
– The doctor and the pharmacist are experts in medicines, their benefits and risks.
– Do not by yourself interrupt the period of treatment prescribed for you. .
– Do not repeat the same prescription without consulting your doctor.
– Keep all medicaments out of the reach of children.
Haemoproct PPT Power point presentations:
Hemorrhoids Medications PPT:
1. Haemorrhoids Ala Abu Tair 1130962 Rinad bakri 1131358 Areej Abu Hanieh 1130234
2. Haemorrhoids Haemorrhoids are swollen veins which protrude into the anal canal. Symptoms: itching, burning, pain, swelling and discomfort in the perianal area and anal canal. Haemorrhoids are often caused or exacerbated by inadequate dietary fiber or fluid intake.
3. Management of haemorrhoids Pharmacist should identify the exact nature of the symptoms and if any products have been used already. If the patient is constipated, the use of any laxatives should be established. Treatment could be: Symptomatic treatment of haemorrhoids. Treatment of the underlying cause of constipation.
. Management of haemorrhoids Pharmacist should identify the exact nature of the symptoms and if any products have been used already. If the patient is constipated, the use of any laxatives should be established. Treatment could be: Symptomatic treatment of haemorrhoids. Treatment of the underlying cause of constipation.
4. Process for Treatment 1. Determine whether the condition is Haemorrhoids or not. 2. What stage it is. 3. Start the treatment. 4. If the treatment failed refer to the doctor.
5. The available medication for Hemorrhoids in Palestinian Pharmacies:
6. Hemoral H-C – Beit Jala :
7. Dosage forms: 1. Ointment (28 mg) tube 2. Suppositories Ingredients: 1. Hydrocortisone acetate 0.5% 2. Lidocaine HCL 1.5% 3. Zinc Oxide 5.0% Use: Ointment: for Adults and Children above 2 years , for 1-4 times daily for 7 days. Suppositories: use for Adults: 1-2 times daily , for internal and external hemmorhoids .
8. Directions for Use: ointment: 1. The cap should be removed and applicator attached instead. 2. Using the finger, the applicator could be lubricated from the outside with the ointment. 3. The entire applicator should be inserted gently into the rectum. 4. The tube should get a good squeeze to introduce enough ointment into the rectum. 5. The applicator should be pulled out of the rectum and additional ointment could be applied on the anal tissue. 6. After each use, the applicator should be detached and washed with soap and water
9. Contraindications : for hypersensitivity, children under 2 years , if the treatment site is infected , Category C for pregnant women , and lactation . Side effect : Rectal bleeding , pain, burning and itching .
10. Presto Gel
11. Dosage form: Gel Use: Treatment of grade I , II hemorrhoids Active ingredients : 1. Aloe Barbadenis Extract: from aloe vera plants , its function as a proctective around the fissures , the hemorrhoids , thus prevent the toxins and acid from being in contact with the fissure that will cause irritation and pain , it act as anti-inflammatory too . 2. Geranium Thunbergii Extract and Pogostemon Cablin Leaf Extract , those both act as preservatives instead of using synthetic preservatives .
12. Presto Gel does not contain any fragrance, ingredients of animal origin, drugs or drug components of any description, analgesics, harsh chemicals, synthetic or chemical preservatives or alcohol. The active substances in the gel are non-toxic, non-irritating to the skin and non-hazardous. How to use it: Imply it with an applicator BID and after each defeacation.
13. Procto- Glyvencol
14. Procto- Glyvencol Active ingredient: Tribenoside 5g: (a synthetic compound belonging to the group of glucofuranosides) used for the inflammation and swelling. Lidocaine: as local anesthesia. The Properties: Relieve pain , itching , skin tension , due to inflammation of the anorectal area, so tribenoside act as a decongestant which reduce the permeability of vessels , and improve its tone ,and lidocaine as local anesthetic.
15. Instructions of use: During the first few days: Apply 1g of the cream or insert 1 suppository twice a day. Then the frequency of application is reduced to once a day. Duration of action: (7 -14)days. 15 g cream tube is sufficient for approx. 10-15 applications. Contraindication: Hypersensitivity to the active substances of Procto- GlyvenoJ.
16. Pregenancy and lactation : As in the case of any form of drug therapy, Procto- Glyvenol should be employed with caution during pregnancy, especially in the first 3 months. It is not known whether the active substances pass into the breast milk. The benefits for the mother must be weighed against the risks for the child. Side Effects : Procto-Glyvenol is well tolerated. But it may produce a slight burning sensation, pain, or increased intestinal motility.
17. Procto- herbal
18. Procto- herbal Dosage form: Ointment 30 ml. Ingredients: Jojoba, garlic, mestica. Uses: 1. Hemorrhoid patient. 2. Anal fissure 3. Varicose vein problem Use instructions: twice daily and after each defecation.
19. Alishech Nifedipine
20. Alishech Nifedipine Dosage form: Emulsion gel. Ingredients: – Nifedipine 0.4% – Lidocaine 5% – Biocomplex of Dead Sea minerals Uses: Treating all fissures. Can treat prolapsed hemorrhoids (but not all of them) e.g; thrombus hemorrhoids (a condition with severe pain).
21. How it works: Nifedipine: relaxes the smooth muscles of the anus and reduces rectal pressure. Lidocaine: as local anesthesia, & increases the efficiency of Nifedipine. These effects result in: Fissures healing quickly Hemorrhoids going inside Bleeding stops Pain decreases. When used properly, the gel reduces pain in the first days of treatment.
22. Instructions for use: 1. During the first day pt should lubricate the outer area of the anus with a small amount of gel applied to the area of pain. 2. On the second day, apply the gel to the area of pain and introduce the gel inside and outside the anus using applicator without pushing it hard. 3. Repeat this process on all consecutive days. 4. In the first days patient should lubricate 4 times a day (in the morning, afternoon, evening and at night). 5. When the pain and the bleeding stop, patient should lubricate twice a day.
23. Duration of treatment: 7 to 28 days. Store: at a room temperature Side effects: Dizziness (rare)
24. General Recommendations When using these agents, Patients should: Eat foods that are rich in fibers Avoid eating spicy and fried dishes. Increase fluid intake. Laxative could be used too in case of constipation. Washing the area 2-3 times a day. Warm baths
Gulf Pharmaceutical Industries, Ras AI Khaimah, U. A. E.