Epimag effervescent powder composition :
Each 5 gm sachet contains:
Magnesium citrate 2.125 g
Epimag effervescent powder properties :
Magnesium ions inhibit formation of calcium oxalate crystals by combination with exogenous dietatric oxalate thus preventing formation of renal crystalluria. The citrate ions render urine alkalineso that urates may dissolve and are easily eliminated. Also, citrate ions, by chelating calcium ions, inhibit formation of calcium oxalate. Therefore, magnesium citrate may be prescribed to prevent recurrence of calcium oxalate kidney stones. Magnesium citrate is osmotic laxative.
Epimag effervescent powder pharmacokinetics :
Oral magnesium salts, including curate, generally very slowly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. They are excreted rapidly in the urine (absorbed fraction) and the faeces (unabsorbed fraction).
Epimag effervescent powder indications:
– Cases of oxaluria .
– Mild laxative to relieve constipation.
Epimag effervescent powder dosage and administration :
The contents of one sachet are to be dissolved in half glass of water and given 3 times daily or as directed by the physician.
Epimag effervescent powder drug interactions:
Magnesium citrate, and other magnesium salts, may interact with many other drugs both by alterations in gastric pH and emptying, and by formation of complexes that are not absorbed. Generally, magnesium salts may impair absorption of many other drugs. Administration should be separated by number of hours. The following drug classes may interact with magnesium:
– Aminoquinolones (e.g. Chloroquine).
– Fluoroquinolones (e.g. ciprofloxacin).
– Penicillamine, and tetracyclines.
Epimag effervescent powder precautions :
Oral magnesium salts, including magnesium citrate, should be used cautiously in:
– Patients with impaired renal function.
– Patients with rectal bleeding.
– Pregnancy and lactation.
Epimag effervescent powder Contra-indications :
– Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and other symptoms of appendicitis.
– Abdominal surgery.
– Intestinal obstruction or perforation.
– Rectal fissures.
Epimag effervescent powder side effects:
– Gastrointestinal irritation, abdominal cramping, nausea, diarrhea, and laxative dependence with long-term or excessive use.
– Fluid and electrolyte disturbances.
Boxes of 10 or 12 sachets of 5 g each.
This is a Medicament :
– Medicament is a product which affects your health, and its consumption contrary to instructions is dangerous for you.
-Follow strictly the doctor’s prescription, the method of use, and the instructions of the pharmacist who sold the medicament.
– The doctor and the pharmacist are experts in medicine, its benefits and risks.
– Do not by yourself interrupt the period of treatment prescribed.
-Do not repeat the same prescription without consulting your doctor.
-Keep all medicines out of reach of children.
Manufactured by :
EGYPTIAN INT. PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES CO.
TENTH OF RAMADAN CITY A. R. E.