Depovit B 12 – 1000
Vitamin b12 Long Acting
(Hydroxocobalamin 1000 ug I ml)
Depovit B 12 Ampoules Properties:
Oepovit B12 is a vitamin B12 preparation with prolonged action. Vitamin B12 is essential for growth, cell reproduction, hematopoiesis, nucleoprotein and myelin synthesis. Vitamin B12 deficiency brings about the fatal disease of megaloblastic anaemia and/or neurological symptoms depovit B 12 (Hydroxocobalamin) with prolonged action is the only practicable method of restoring body needs of vitamin B 12. Oepovit B12 has the advantage of being painless and causes no local reactions.
Depovit B 12 Ampoules indications:
1• Pernicious anaemia, both uncomplicated and accompanied nervous system involvement.
2• Macrocytic anaemia or neuropathies caused by inadequate supply or absorption of vitamin B 12 such as:
– after resection of the stomach for gastric and duodenal ulcers, after ileocaecal resection and proctectomy with ileostomy.
– inadequate nutrition, whether caused by under-nourishment or inappropriate diet, applying especially to elderly people and vegetarians whose diet is wholly without animal protein.
– in tropical sprue, vitamin B12 deficiency and subsequent megaloblastic anaemia are common; even in patients treated for years with conventional doses of folic acid, the serum levels of vitamin B12 are found to be low. It has been reported that vitamin B12 is as therapeutically effective as folic acid in the treatment and management of patients with tropical sprue.
– in some cases, pregnancy may cause a drop in vitamin B-12 serum concentration
Depovit B 12 Ampoules Contra-indications:
Not to be used for newborn babies.
Depovit B 12 Ampoules Dosage and administration:
Oepovit B 12 ampoules should be given intramuscularly.
– Usual dose Initially 1 ampoule 1-2 times weekly .
Maintenance treatment: 1 ampoule 1-2 times monthly .
Severe cases: 1 ampoule 2-3times weekly.
– For anaemia: 1 ampoule every 4 – 6 weeks.
– For Hypovitaminosis: 1 ampoule every week for 10 weeks.
Depovit B 12 Ampoules presentation:
3 ampoules of 1 ml each, in a folding box.
Keep medicaments out of reach of children.
Depovit B 12 Ampoules Produced by
AmAIYA PHARm. InD.
ALEXANDRIA I EGYPT
Depovit B 12 Ampoules