Calio plus Tablets Composition:
Each tablet contains:
Calcium carbonate 1250 mg
(Equivalent to 500 mg elemental calcium)
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 400 I.U (Equivalent to 10 mcg)
Calio plus Tablets Properties:
Calcium is very essential in the normal development, maintenance of good health and maintenance of strong bones and teeth, protection against osteoporosis, during pregnancy and lactation. Vitamin D3 is essential for calcium absorption, metabolism and its deposition in bone and teeth.
Calio plus Tablets Indications:
Calio plus is used to help body to restore calcium deficiency for elderly patients:
– Inadequate calcium intake.
– Calcium deficiency.
Calio plus Tablets Contraindications:
Cases of hypercalcaemia, hypercalciurea .
Renal function impairment; patients should consult the physician.
Calio plus Tablets Side Effects:
Constipation may occur with patients using drugs containing calcium
Calio plus Tablets Dosage:
Elderly patients over 50 years:one tablet / day.
Calio plus Tablets Presentation:
A box containing 2 blisters each of 10 tablets.
A plastic bottle containing 100 tablets.
Calio plus Tablets Produced by:
SIGMA Pharmaceutical Industries. Egypt. S.A.E.
CALCIUM CARBONATE GCSE SCIENCE power point presentation :
1. CALCIUMCALCIUMCARBONATECARBONATEA guide for GCSE students A guide for GCSE students
2. CALCIUM CARBONATECALCIUM CARBONATEINTRODUCTIONThis Powerpoint show is one of several produced to help studentsunderstand selected GCSE Chemistry topics. It is based on the requirementsof the AQA specification but is suitable for other examination boards.Individual students may use the material at home for revision purposes andit can also prove useful for classroom teaching with an interactive whiteboard.Accompanying notes on this, and the full range of AS and A2 Chemistrytopics, are available from the KNOCKHARDY SCIENCE WEBSITE at…www.knockhardy.org.uk/gcse.htmAll diagrams and animations in this Powerpoint are original andcreated by Jonathan Hopton. Permission must be obtained for theiruse in any commercial work.All diagrams and animations in this Powerpoint are original andcreated by Jonathan Hopton. Permission must be obtained for theiruse in any commercial work.
3. LIMESTONELIMESTONELimestone is made of calcium carbonate CaCO3Origin Formed in the sea millions of years agofrom the remains of shellsFound in places like the Peak District of DerbyshireExtraction Quarried in large amountse.g. 150 million tonnes each year in the UKIT IS AN IMPORTANT RAW MATERIALUse building material and road chippingsneutralising excess acid in lakes and soilmaking cement and concreteadded to breadadded to toothpaste
4. LIMESTONE PRODUCTS ARE VERY USEFULLIMESTONE PRODUCTS ARE VERY USEFULGLASSCONCRETECEMENT / MORTAR…… especially in building housesespecially in building houses
5. CARBONATESCARBONATESFormulae All carbonates contain the CO3 unitThe compounds are ionic; the formula is found bybalancing the charges of the ionsCarbonate ions have a 2- charge CO32-CALCIUM CARBONATECaCO3SODIUM CARBONATENa2CO3
6. CARBONATESCARBONATESFormulae All carbonates contain the CO3 unitThe compounds are ionic; the formula is found bybalancing the charges of the ionsCarbonate ions have a 2- charge CO32-CALCIUM CARBONATECaCO3SODIUM CARBONATENa2CO3
7. CARBONATESCARBONATES Formulae All carbonates contain the CO3 unit Chemical formula sodium carbonate Na2CO3calcium carbonate CaCO3magnesium carbonate MgCO3
8. CARBONATESCARBONATES Formulae All carbonates contain the CO3 unitChemicalformulasodium carbonate Na2CO3 calcium carbonate CaCO3magnesium carbonate MgCO3
9. PROCESSING LIMES TONE PROCESSING LIMESTONE Roasting Heating limestone very strongly makes it break upThe process is known as THERMAL DECOMPOSITIONcalcium carbonate —> calcium oxide + carbon dioxideCaCO3 —> CaO + CO2 Calcium oxide is also known as QUICKLIME
10. ACTION OF HEAT ON METAL CARBONATESACTION OF HEAT ON METAL CARBONATESMETHODPlace a small amount of one of thesolid carbonates in a dry test tube.Place about 2cm3of lime water inanother test tube. Heat the solid,gently at first, then more strongly.Test any gas with the limewater.Appearance CO2 produced Calcium carbonate CaCO3 Copper carbonateCuCO3Magnesium carbonate MgCO3Zinc carbonate ZnCO3 Residue Conclusion metalcarbonatelime water CO2
Calio plus Tablets