Bristaflam Cream In this leaflet :
1- What Bristaflam is and what it is used for ?
2- What you need to know before you start usjng Bristaflam ?
3- How to use Bristaflam ?
4- Possible side effects ?
5- Storage of Bristaflam ?
6- Contents of the package and further information ?
1.What is Bristaflam cream and what it is used for :
Bristaflam 15 mg Cream is a medication for cutaneous application. It contains micronized Aceclofenac which has analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatic activities.
Your doctor will prescribe this medicine to treat painful and local inflammatory conditions such as tendinitis, tenosynovitis, sprains, dislocations, joint pain, lumbago and stiff neck.
2- What you need to know before you start using Bristaflam Cream :
Do not use Bristaflam Cream
– If you are allergic to Aceclofenac, other anti-inflammatory medications or any of the other ingredients of this medicine – If aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs caused you asthma, rhinitis, urticaria or other allergic reactions.
Warnings and Precautions for Bristaflam Cream
– Gastrointestinal risk : NSAIDs cause an increased risk of serious gastrointestinal adverse event including inflammation, bleeding, ulceration and perforation of the stomach or intestine, which can be fatal. These events can occur of any time during use and without warning symptoms. Elderly patients are at greater risk for serious gastrointestinal events.
Cardiovascular Risk : NSAIDs may cause an increased risk of serious cardiovascular thrombotic events, myocardial infarction, and stroke, which can be fatal. This risk may increase with duration of use. Patients with cardiovascular disease or risk factors for cardiovascular disease may be at greater risk.
NSAIDs is contraindicated for the treatment of peri-operative pain in a setting of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery. Ask your doctor, pharmacist or nurse
before you start using Bristaflam Cream
– Do not use in eyes, on mucous membranes or open wounds.
– Do not use if the treatment area is irritated.
– The treated areas should not be exposed to the sun (even when cloudy) or UV lamps (UVA).
– Do not use with tight bandages. which do not allow proper aeration of the area.
– If you notice redness or injury of the treated area, stop treatment immediately and contact your doctor.
– Hypersensitivity reactions may occur very rarely. Allergic reactions are very serious (see section 4. Possible side effects). The risk is greatest during the first month of treatment. Discontinue treatment immediately on the first occurrence of cutaneous symptoms, mucosal lesions or other signs of hypersensitivity.
– In case of chickenpox, you should avoid using this medication because in rare cases it may be associated with severe skin infections.
Using Bristaflam cream with other medicines :
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might need to use any other medications. This is especially important if you are taking lithium, digoxin, diuretics, anticoagulants and pain medications.
Pregnancy and lactation for Bristaflam Cream
If you are pregnant or lactating, you think you might be pregnant or planning a pregnancy, contact your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine.
Driving and using machines Bristaflam Cream
There has been no effect on the ability to drive vehicles or use machines when applying Aceclofenac externally on the skin.