Betaderm Cream Composition:
Each gram contains:
Betamethasone (as valerate) 1 mg
Betaderm Cream Properties:
Betaderm(betamethasone) is a corticosteroid with mainly glucocorticoid activity; having potent anti-inflammatory effectsthrough inhibition of the release of various cytokines. Esterification
at corticosteroids at 17 position with fatty acids generally increases the topical activity. For topical application in the treatment of various skin disorders, the valerate ester of betamethasone is
Betaderm Cream Indications:
Relief of inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses, including:
– Contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, nummular eczema, stasis eczema, lichen planus, lichen simplex chronicus .
– Psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, prurigo, discoid lupus erythematosus, and insect bite reactions.
Betaderm Cream Dosage and Administration:
A small quantity of it should be applied gently to the affected area once or twice daily until improvement occurs, and then only once a day to maintain improvement. The effect of Betadermmay be increased, if necessary, in the more resistant lesions, by occlusive dressings.
Betaderm Cream Precautions:
– Conditions that enhance systemic absorption include use over large surface areas, prolonged used, and the addition of occlusive dressings .
– Long· term topical use is best avoided, especially in children .
– Betaderm, and other corticosteroids, should be used with caution in:
– Pregnancy and lactation; the drug may be used only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk. .
Betaderm Cream Contraindications:
– Hypersensitivity to the product.
– BIITADERMeshould not be applied to the eyelids or skin near the eyes.
– Rosacea, peri-oral dermatitis or acne.
– Monotherary in primary bacterial, tungal, or viral infections.
Betaderm Cream Side-Effects:
Betadermpreparations are generally well-tolerated.
– Local side effects may include burning, itching, skin atrophy, and striae .
– Systemic side effects may include reversible hypothalamic pituitary adrenal axis suppression,
– Cushing’s syndrome, and hyperglycemia. .
– These side effects may occur more frequently with occlusive dressings.
Betaderm Cream Packaging:
BErADERM OIntment: Tubes of 15 or 20 gm.
BEDlDERM Cream: Tubes of 15 or 20 gm
Betaderm Cream This is a Medicament :
– Medicament is a product which affects your health, and its consumpton contrary to instructions is dangerous for you.
– Follow strictfy the doctor’s prescription, the method of use, and the instructions of the phannadst who sold the medicament.
– The doctor and the pharmacist are experts in medicine, its benefits and risks.
– Do not interrupt the period of treatment prescribed by yourself.
– Do not repeat the same prescription without consulting your doctor.
– Keep medicines out of the (each of children.
Betaderm Cream Produced by :
EGYPTIAN INT. PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES Co.
E. I. P.I. CO. 10th OF RAMADAN CITY. EGYPT.