Amri k AmpoulesVitamin K1 (Phytomenadione)Haemostatic
Amri k Ampoules Composition :
Each 1 ml ampoule contains:
Vitamin K1 (Phytomenadione ) 10 mg
Amri k Ampoules Properties :
Vitamin K1 is essential for the hepatic biosynthesis of prothrombin ( factor 11) and other clotting factors Vll, IX and X, causing a rise inthe plasma prothrombin concentration and reduction in clotting time. It is not effective in overdosage with heparin.
Amri k Ampoules Indications:
– Haemorrhage or bleeding tendency associated with vitamin K deficiency. This may result from administration of coumarin or indanedione anticoagulants which interfere with vitamin K metabolism.
– In obstructive jaundice and severe liver disease where poor intestinal absorption of the vitamin occurs.
– Vitamin K deficiency due to prolonged administration of antibiotics, sulphonamides or salicylates.
– Haemorrhagic tendencies caused by hypoprothrombinaemia in new born infants due to lack of vitamin K synthesis.
– Malabsorption syndromes due to inadequate absorption from the intestine, these include mucoviscidosis, sprue regional enteritis, ulcerative colitis.
Amri k Ampoules Dosage and Administration :
– Amri-K ( Phytomenadione) ampoules are to be given by the intramuscular route.
– Hypoprothrombinaemia and Haemorrhage caused by anticoagulant therapy. Initial doses of vitamin K1 are in the range of 2.5-10 mg by intramuscular injection, the dose being repeated after 6 to 8 hours if necessary. Dosage should be controlled by prothrombin time estimations.
– For the treatment of Haemorrhage disease of the newborn, 1 mg is injected IM. If necessary, similar dose may be given every 8-12 hours .
– In obstructive jaundice, hepatocellular disease, malabsorption syndromes, the usual dose is 10 mg of vitamin K intramuscularly per day.
Amri k Ampoules Adverse effects and Precautions :
Pain and swelling may occur at the injection site. In patients who have severe hepatic disease, administration of large doses of vitamin K1 may further depress liver function.
Amri k Ampoules Presentation :
A box of 5 ampoules.
Amri k Ampoules Produced by :
AMRIYA PHARM IND.
Amri k Ampoules power point presentations:
Vitamin K Gandham. Rajeev Department of Biochemistry, Akash Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Devanahalli, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
Vitamin K- Chemistry functions and Clinical significance power point presentation
By- Professor (Dr. )Namrata Chhabra Biochemistry For Medics- Lecture notes 8/6/2014 1 Biochemistry for medics- Lecture Notes- Namrata Chhabra. Vitamin K- Chemistry Vitamin K represents a group of lipophilic and hydrophobic vitamins. Three compounds have the biological activity of vitamin K Phylloquinone (Vitamin K1), the normal dietary source, found in green vegetables Menaquinones (vitamin K2), synthesized by intestinal bacteria, with differing lengths of side chain; and Menadione and menadiol diacetate, synthetic compounds that can be metabolized to phylloquinone. 8/6/2014 2 Biochemistry for medics.
Vitamin k deficiency power point presentation
Amri k Ampoules Videos:
The Health Benefits of Vitamin K
Amri k Ampoules