Amofluxin Capsules COMPOSITION:
Each capsule contains:
Amoxycillin (as trihydrate) 250mg
Flucloxacillin (as sodium) 250mg
Each tablet contains:
Amoxycillin (as trihydrate) 500 mg
Flucloxacillin (as sodium) 500 mg
Amofluxin Capsules ACTIONS:
Amofluxin is an inseparable combination of amoxycillin and flucloxacillin to exhibit a bactericidal action against a wide range of Gram-positive micro-organisms (non-penicillinase, penicillinase-producing Staphylococci and Streptococcus spp.) and Gram-negative micro-organisms (E. Coli, H. influenzae, N. Gonorrboeae, Salmonella enteritis & P. mirabilis) in addition to anaerobic micro-organisms (Clostridium spp., Peptococcus and peptostreptococcus spp.).
Amofluxin Capsules PROPERTIES:
Both amoxycillin and flucloxacillin are well absorbed when given orally and have gastric stability. Amoxycillin (aminopenicillin) is more rapidly and completely absorbed than ampicillin and produces a higher peak plasma concentration of similar dose of ampicillin. Flucloxacillin (isoxazolyl penicillin) is better absorbed than cloxacillin sodium and characterized by its successful resistance to penicillinase-producing Staphylococci.
Amofluxin Capsules INDICATIONS:
Amofluxin as a broad spectrum antibiotic acting on both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria including penicillinase producing Staphylococci and anaerobic bacteria is indicated for the treatment of such cases:
* Respiratory tract infections.
* Ear, Nose and throat infections.
* Urinary tract infections.
* Gastro-intestinal infections.
* Biliary-tract infection.
* Surgical prophylaxis.
* Skin and soft tissue infections.
* Pelvic infections.
* Mouth infections.
* Bones and joints infections.
Amofluxin Capsules DOSAGE and ADMINISTRATION:
Capsule: Adults and children over 12 years: 1-2 capsules every 6-8 hours.
Tablet: I Tablet every 12 hours.
Doses should be reduced in severe renal failure.
Amofluxin Capsules SIDE EFFECTS:
Generally Amofluxinis well tolerated and the incidence of side effects as with other penicil1ins is usually mild and transient including diarrhoea and skin rash .
Amofluxin Capsules PRECAUTIONS:
Pregnancy and lactation to be used with caution during the first trimester of pregnancy and during lactation as it may be secreted in very small amounts in breast milk.
Amofluxin Capsules CONTRAINDICATIONS :
History of hypersensitivity to penicillins or cephalosporins .
Amofluxin Capsules PACKING:
Box of 12 Capsules 500 mg.
Box of 12 Tablets I g.
Amofluxin Capsules STORAGE:
Keep in adry place at room temperature
Keep all medicaments out of reach of children
Amofluxin Capsules Tablets Manufactured by:
Medical Union Pharmaceuticals( Mup) for Tenth of Ramadan
for Phannaceuticallndustries & Diagnostic Reagents (rameda)
Antibiotics use and overuse PPT power point presentation :
1. Antibiotics : Use and overuse KM Murali MD (Med), DM (Neph), DNB (Neph), F Neph (Canada) Consultant Nephrologist MIMS, Kozhikode
2. First world war
3. Second world war
4. Cold war
5. Man vs Microbe Timeless war
6. Spread of “jewish poison”
7. Anton V Leeuwenhock : “animalcules” 1674 AD
8. Louis Pasteur: “germ theory of disease” 1857 1822 – 1895
9. Gram Staining Gram Positive Staphylococci Coagulase + ve Coagulase – ve Streptococci Enterococci Gram +ve bacilli Gram +ve anaerobes
10. Gram Positive Gram Negative Enterobacteriaceae Eschericiae Klebsiellae Proteaceae Pseudomonas Vibrio Hemophilus Others Gram Staining Staphylococci Coagulase + ve Coagulase – ve Streptococci Enterococci Gram +ve bacilli Gram +ve anaerobes
11. The “antibiotic surge” • Penicillin 1941 • Streptomycin 1944 • Tetracycline 1948 • Erythromycin 1952 • Vancomycin 1958 • Methicillin 1959 • Gentamicin 1962
12. “…… It’s time to close the book on infectious diseases, the war against pestilence is over” William Stewart, Surgeon General Message to US Congress, 1969
13. Antibacterial weaponry Penicillins Fluoroquinolones Cephalosporins Macrolides Monobactams Sulfonamides Carbopenams Streptogramins Aminoglycosides Oxazolidinediones Glycopeptides Others