Spasmo-Amrase tablets Composition:
Each enteric coated tablet contains:
Pancreatin 300 mg
Papain 50 mg
Ox-bile extract 30 mg
Bimethicone 30 mg
MebeverineHCI 50 mg
–Pancreatinfrom mamalian pancreas, digests carbohydrates, proteins and fats. It contains principally amylase, protease, and lipase enzymes. They convert starch into dextrins and simple sugars, proteins into peptones and oligopeptides, lipids into fatty acids and glycerol, respectively.
–Papain,which is extracted from the fruit of Carica papaya, is a proteolytic enzyme
that exhibits-a broad spectrum hydrolytic activity acting on peptides, amides, esters
and thioesters and particularly on bonds involving basic amino acids, yielding peptides of lower molecular weights. The enteric coating ensures complete delivery
of the enzyme content of the tablets into the intestine without degradation in the
–Bile extractcontains bile salts, which are absorbed from the intestine and re-excreted by the liver in the bile, thus entering the same cyclic processes as endogenous bile salts. Bile salts play an important role in emulsification,
dispersion, enhancement of digestion and absorption of fats and fat soluble vitamins.
–Dimethiconeis a gastrointestinal protective agent with antifoaming action. It is
used in the treatment of problems due to increase in gases such as flatulence, gastric bloating, post-operative gaseous distension.
–Mebeverine HCIis an antispasmodic which has a direct action on the smooth
muscles of the gastro-intestinal tract, relieving spasm.
Spasmo-Amrase tablets Indications:
– Indigestion, flatulence, d ~sia og operative gaseous distension abdominal colic
– Malabsorption syndromes of various etiologies: e.g. post-prandial fullness, bacterial overgrowth, short bowel syndrome, biliary insufficiency: e.g. chronic pancreatitis, cystic fibrosis or pancreatectomy.
Spasmo-Amrase tablets Side effects:
Occasionally, hypersensitivity to the constituents of Spasmo-Amrase has been noted
Spasmo-Amrase tablets Dosage:
1-2 tablets to be swallowed whole preferably before meals three times daily or as
prescribed by the physician
Spasmo-Amrase tablets Presentation:
Box of 20 tablets.
Spasmo-Amrase tablets Produced by :
AMRIYA PHARM. IND
ALEXANDRIA I EGYPT
Pancreatin PPT power point presentation :
1. 11/13/15 enzyme pancreatin – supplementation therapy Presented by, V.Venkatramanan B.Tech(biotechnology) KSRCT.
2. Introduction Pancreatin is a mixture of multiple digestive enzymes produced by the exocrine cells of the pancreas. 11/13/15
3. Composition of pancreatin 11/13/15 Enzyme Optimal pH Range Action Proteolytic Enzymes: Trypsinogen (trypsin) (EC 18.104.22.168) Chymotrypsinogen (chymotrypsin) (EC 3.4.21,1) Carboxypolypeptidase(EC 22.214.171.124) 7.9-9.7 Trypsin and chymotrypsin break down proteins into polypeptides and dipeptides carboxypolypeptidase splits peptides into individual amino acids Pancreatic amylase (EC 126.96.36.199) 6.7-7.2 Hydrolyzes starches, glycogen, and other carbohydrates (other than cellulose) into disaccharides and some trisaccharides LipolyticEnzymes: Lipase (EC 188.8.131.52) Phosphalipase (EC 184.108.40.206) 8.0 Lipase hydrolyzes fats into fatty acids and monoglycerides; phospholipases split fatty acids from phospholipids
4. Pancreatic enzyme insufficiency • Normal pancreatic function ensures effective digestion and absorption of nutrients. • Clinical exocrine pancreatic insufficiency occurs when secretions of the pancreas do not maintain normal digestive function resulting in nutrition malabsorption and other symptoms such as diarrhea, which in turns affects quality of life and malnutrition. • The leading cause of pancreatic insufficiency is chronic pancreatitis which is estimated to affect 0.4 – 5% of the world population. • The most common cause of pancreatic insufficiency in kids is cystic fibrosis. • Pet animals such as dogs and cats are highly affected by pancreatic insufficiency. 11/13/15