Go Back   Medical Educational Web > Medical news (researches and texts) > Family Medicine
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Family Medicine Family Medicine discussion forum,Rural Medicine & Underserved Communities

Blood Sugar Testing!

Family Medicine

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes

Old 11-24-2010, 11:11 AM   post no: 1
freediabeties

From his posts

Post Blood Sugar Testing!

Blood sugar testing is important for Diabetics because their bodies do not process blood sugars properly. Since a Diabetic cannot break down sugar molecules, the sugar cannot be absorbed by the muscles and organs and stored for later use as energy.

High blood sugar levels can also lead to a multitude of complications, including hypertension, eye problems and poor circulation. In order to avoid the complications associated with Diabetes disease, glucose control is essential. Glucose control can be achieved through diabetes supplements, exercise and medication.

Diabetes Test - To check if you have Diabetes disease, your doctor will perform a glucose tolerance test to measure blood sugar levels. The results of these tests and other clinical findings will be used to make a diagnosis. Although the amount of glucose in your blood varies depending on when and what you eat, the variation in this range should be relatively narrow. In general, your blood sugar is highest after you eat and lowest after you have not eaten for 8-10 hours.

For more information, visit: http://www.typefreediabetes.com/

Old 03-06-2012, 08:01 PM   post no: 2
LutiiChell

From his posts

Default Blood Sugar Testing

Hi folks. I have type 2 diabetes, and Ive been in induction for a week. I have been stringently sticking to my diet. And when I tested my blood sugar two hours after a meal that consisted only of gyro meat, my blood sugar was 244. Thats the highest its been since I started testing it. Im taking metformin, too.

I am perplexed. How can my blood sugar be so high when I am avoiding carbs as if my life depended on it?

Thanks for any insight you can give.