Go Back   Medical Educational Web > Medical videos - Free Medical video > General Surgery and Internal Medicine Videos > Surgical Examination Videos
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Surgical Examination Videos Videos of surgical examination of the human body.Watch videos online.Download videos

Varicose Veins Video

Surgical Examination Videos

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes

Old 04-10-2009, 09:32 AM   post no: 1
Admin
Administrator

From his posts

Default Varicose Veins Video

this video is showing the surgical examination of varicose veins of the llower limb with different tests for example,triple tourniquet test,multiple and trendelenberg test

Signature:

Old 01-04-2011, 02:10 AM   post no: 2
dianne

From his posts

Send a message via MSN to dianne Send a message via Yahoo to dianne

it was good but did not understand everything

Old 12-28-2011, 04:11 PM   post no: 3
MegoApople

From his posts

Default Varicose Veins Video

Hi all, I read about Emilys surgery EVLT and also latelatebloomers varicose vein problems and I wanted to share some of my own difficulties with VVs and ask you guys some questions. First of all I have had VV for years now, and yes, cycling really helps alot, but Im a surgical nurse and spend alot of time on my feet and the past couple years I have had more and more pain. I have been wearing support hose for at least 2 years just when I go to work.
Heres the thing... I can deal with the pain in my everyday living, but Im wondering how much the varicose veins EFFECT my cycling. I raced road last year and many times experienced cramping in my right calf my right leg is worse than my left. When I have intense hard workouts and go to sprint, I sometimes feel like someone is squeezing my whole right leg, especially in my calves, I feel this tightness and some cramping. I cant help but wonder if my varicose veins have something to do with this. Ive been training really hard to be ready to race again this year, but I worry if the VV hold me back from being stronger and faster on the bike. Ive seen 3 cardiovascular docs and none of them think the VV make my cycling worse. They do however, say that cycling will help prevent the VV from getting worse of course we already know that. As a nurse and as an athlete, I cant help but wonder, if the circulation is not efficient and the blood with the lactic acid cannot be taken away quick enough, cant that result in cramping and pain in the muscles? Well, after seeing 3 surgeons, none of them seem to be able to tell me what I want to hear--that the EVLT surgery WILL in fact, help my legs to function better on the bike. None of them would guarantee this. They all said, that definitely, I should have less pain in general and especially after a long day at work... but what Im really hoping for, is that it helps my legs feel better after a long day on my bike Emily, you are the only female cyclist I have heard of that has had this surgery---please share with me your feelings about this procedure and HOW IT EFFECTED your cycling. My surgery is scheduled for February 26th and they are also doing a ligation and a phlebectomy. The surgeon did ultrasound my leg and said I am definitely a candidate and my saphenous veins are incompetent. I wanted to do this in the winter before racing season started, but I just found out my insurance will pay for this 100 So I think I should do it now and get it over with and hope that Im not off the bike too long and can get right back into it and maybe race about one month after the surgery. The doctor said he wants me off the bike for at least one week. Im wondering how it will feel once I get back to riding. I guess my biggest fear is that I will lose alot of fitness and maybe even have more pain than before. Or that it takes me out of the racing season for months. Any comments or advice is appreciated THanks for reading my long post Susie

Signature:
http://en.method-contraception.ru/